8/22/2015

Would Lestat enjoy listening to Love Metal?

Ok, so today I will be writing about something that I always wonder when I listen music or read Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles.
After not writing for a while and being a bit unsure of what to write, I decided to write this little thought that haunts time to time.



when talking about love metal, I am meaning one band in particular; HIM. They are a band from Finland, and been playing music for quite a while now. But I won't go much into the band, as I don't pretend to write a biography of the band, for that there are many web sites and Wikipedia.
I may be mistaking by this but as I have understood they are the ones who came up with the concept of Love Metal as a way to describe their music (I might be wrong) and honestly I don't know any band who are under this category. (However correct me if I am wrong)


Then we got Lestat, who is vampire. I will say one of the most loved vampires in the literacy world and even for the ones who do not read and have seen the movie, he is the vampire that captures you with an enigmatic charm. He is evil and he is so human as well. However you notice that he is actually is not evil at all, he is just a revel, and a spoiled brat, a brat vampire prince and is charming, indeed!
When you read the books, it is so hard not to love him! he has this amazing adventures, he always gets himself in quite big troubles. His way of thinking makes actually think and you can feel quite identified yourself on how he thinks and even if you don't you may think that his thoughts are very interesting indeed. And the way he loves everyone just makes you want to be loved by him so badly.


The way I see Lestat is like an idealist immortal man. Not matter how many years has passed, he is a romantic and idealist. He has this way of seeing things, people, feelings. He has quite an strong ideal and walk through life following these ideals. He hasn't changed and won't change.
He has this particular way of loving everything and everyone that surrounds him. He a man that you won't actually find in reality. And as he is I think he will enjoy listening to a music which lyrics talk about an idealism of love, the love of Romeo & Juliet, that tragic love that you could die for. Those type of lyrics that are lost in now on day music



Ville Valo, his is lead singer and front man of HIM. His voice is low and beautiful, it goes in perfect harmony with the type of melody that HIM creates. He writes about an ideal concept of love, that tragic, deep love that everyone forgot... that concept is still alive in his lyrics. He adds religious terms to the lyrics which give this mythic feeling to the songs. No matter how slow or how fast a song can be, the heart of this song is a bleeding heart, aiming for love and able to die for it.
The first time I listened this band was with the song "Your Sweet 666" and I immediately loved it. It gave the impression that is about accepting even the most darkest side of the one you love. ( I am ready to take your 666 in my heart)... because isn't that when you really love someone, you will love every aspect of that person, even the shadows your beloved may have.



When I watched the music video for Join Me, the moment I saw he was the perfect image of a vampire and I couldn't avoid to compare him with Lestat. I thought he could be a perfect Lestat or Lestat would love to make him a vampire as he is beautiful as one. The song Join Me, is beautiful "Won't you die tonight for love?" I thought that was real love... if you love someone, wouldn't you die for it? It is just an ideal and idealistic talking it is beautiful, however we are selfish and won't die for anyone no matter how much we suffer or miserable we can be after. Join Me, really makes me think of Romeo & Juliet, Hamlet and even Dracula. In my case as I am an idealistic I would die for the one I really love and sacrifice it all, I feel as I could do it, however I will now when it has to be tested. Anyways I am getting out of my point here.
As I probably have mentioned, I feel as Lestat's love is unconditional, he can really love and is not shallow as humans are. Anyway, I am sure Lestat enjoy reading Shakespeare and in Dracula he can find beautiful the tragic love Vlad has towards Mina. My point all these comes to my mind when listening HIM.



Every time I read a book where Lestat is in the story, I listen HIM and honestly there is no better mix and I feel pretty confident that Lestat agrees a bit with me with the fact that he enjoys listening HIM.
And on Queen of the Damnned, Lestat becomes a rock star, I always associate it with Ville. I think Ville look like how Lestat could have looked.

Well this is the end of my posting, hopefully soon I will be writing more :)
Lefay~

No comments:

Post a Comment