9/11/2015

A Life Choice, a Personal Choice.

So when you hear the word vegan... what does it come to your mind? Ah! those crazy people, yeah,,, they mean good but they are extremist and crazy.
I must confess I used to think like that and still think some of them are too much, however now I understand.
Whoever that reads this post, I ask for your understating. I am not trying to convince anyone, I will as this just a personal choice that it can only be made by the person itself. However I ask for understating and to be open mind, no matter if you are vegan vegetarian or meat eater.


I started as to be vegetarian not long ago, I am still in the transit of becoming a full vegan.
When I was young I never was good with meat, however in my country meat is a huge part of the traditional food, I always felt guilty that an animal had to die so I could eat. Now I realise of course it does not have to be that way at all but it takes time to realise and as I notice with people, they don't want to see, as humans we do not want to see the cruelty. I remember when I was young I watched a documentary where showed about fur and I watched how people took the skin out of the animal while was still alive! ... that was huge impact for a 8 years old, I watched that programme being alone, while my mother was away at work and my sister at university, I cried the whole day and hated adults, since then I have being strongly against fur fashion and even fake fur as it promotes the use of real fur.
veganism.jpg (560×300)
What about hunting? It was one of the most stupid actions of humans. We don't live in stone age, then why hunting? Hunting for sport? what a cruel nonsense! for what?! just the stupid ego of the human. If you want to feel superior then do something clever, help the environment, help the society, don't destroy it! By killing other animals that have don no harm and are innocent, you are just being a fool! You are just proving you are not superior at all, you are the complete opposite! You are a scum of human!
Now these are the obvious things that a lot of people are against off... that however still happen...

piglet-why-vegan.png (3210×3565)

Now the issue... killing animals so we can eat. Now just question yourself, would raise humans so they can be eaten? You wouldn't right?... then why animals... why is it ok... don't you think they have the right to live... Now you get surprised when you hear in some countries people eat dogs or cats. I mean you will never eat one, right? Now why pigs, cows, lambs, fish and others... just because society said accepts that they die... Don't you think it is time to change it. It is proved that humans can eat and possess all proteins and nutrients from plants and legumes. This is the way vegetarians think and I must say since I stopped I feel better. I always felt guilty about eating meat and then decided I will stop and I must, it has being the best choice I have made.
Now here is the think and the issue that causes fight between vegetarians and non-vegetarians. The reason why non-vegetarians can't stand vegetarians or vegans, it is because we are to eager to change the meat eater. We talk non-stop about the cruelty about all the suffering and the fact that they eat a corpse.
I realised this with my family. Now I am the only one who is vegetarian and in the transition of becoming a vegan. And I wish so strong they stop eating meat and any dairy... However I realised I cannot... and it is frustrating because they are the ones I loved and how I would give anything so they can change, but it is not up to me, it is up to them. They are the ones who have to make the choice and I don't want to be hated by my family and friends. We need to respect each other.

veganism.jpg (400×309)

Vegans and vegetarians are in favor of respect of life. I think we need to respect choices.
It is good you have chosen to be either vegan or vegetarian, yes it sad others don't but we need to respect it, I know you find it hard, because you think, how can I respect someone who eats a dead animal, someone who doesn't respect the animals life... well I must say, you have to respect, we are all humans, no one is superior to another. We all make our own choices, we must respect it. Of course I do agree that we have to make others aware of the unfairness animals are suffering, the cruelty. We can share about what is behind of what people eat. But we cannot impose it and try to force them. What is the result? We are called crazy, extremist and being disliked by everyone. Of course no one can be liked 100% but I think we can do things in other ways.
I did myself impose my choice to my family, it ended up in just fights and tears. For me my family is everything and friends had been hard to find. However because I love my family so much, I talked over and over again about the injustice, the cruelty, the horrid scene of their plate of food, I tried to show them videos, I tried all... what was the result? I was being disliked, they didn't respect my choice because it was easy, I wasn't respecting theirs, I was not giving any choice, I was trying to force to change. I realised I couldn't force them, just the same way they can not force me. It hurts me, but I had no choice than baking up. Of course I haven't give up, however imposing is not the way.

6d9b21e3e0b6144ce6375fff36b1ab1d.jpg (467×350)

The best way I found to be respected and awake some awareness was cooking. I cooked vegan food and desserts, plus buy when possible vegan options to replace dairy and meat. Like that they are starting thinking it is healthier and taste good.
On my facebook, I am continuously uploading videos or pictures about cruelty towards animals. About how cows and pigs and other animals are being killed with no mercy. In my way I try my best to make people aware of the unfairness. I do receive some response and I hope one day it will make changes.
I also choose go cruelty free, with my make up and beauty products. People ask me about what foundation or BB cream I use, as people say I have good skin, I always say I choose cruelty free products and publish on my instagram and facebook my recent beauty purchase.

VeganIsLove.png (491×394)

Now one last thing I must critic about vegans or vegetarians, is that they don't accept people who are meat eater to be animal lovers or be against of other type of cruelty.
I was a meat eater, however I always loved and still love animals. I was against fur, mistreatment of pets, bull fight, dog fights, horse race, dog race. I always fed dogs on the street and picked up abandoned kittens, now thanks for my love for animals I became a vegetarian. I think if a vegetarian meets a no- vegetarian but they are both against animals on circus, they should join, don't tell them off. I have read words such a " a meat eater cannot be called animal lover"... Believe me I understand why you say that, however we have no right to say that. Yes it is a shame they eat meat, however they see a cruelty and are against it. Why not to celebrate it instead of saying no. I think loving animals in somehow it would lead to one step at the time.
Maybe we should think better how we act and how we want to give the message and be accepted.

Please leave your comments if you have any, I want to know what others think, vegetarian or vegans or not vegetarian and not-vegans.
I will make updates more often now, stay tuned :) ... and hopefully YouTube channel will be coming soon. ^^



No comments:

Post a Comment