10/24/2015

BJD Dolls and Recast BJD (A brief opinion)

Ok, so today I will briefly touch on the issue of recast dolls and BJD dolls in general.

So What are BJD? They are resin doll that are articulated. In short BJD stands for Ball Jointed Dolls.
These dolls are wonderful, are beautiful and indeed just dreamy. However they are super dare, however they do worth it. But everything related to them is expensive, not only the doll itself but, eyes, wig, make up, clothes and accessories.

I got involve in this not very long ago, maybe it will be a year. However I did not know much, the only thing I knew is that I wanted one. I randomly found a photo just by randomly looking at pictures of the subjects I usually like to browse and suddenly a BJD comes, I was very curious when I saw the photo and with luck knew that they were called BJD, so I just looked on instagram for photos of these so called BJD dolls and well I just ended up falling in love of the perfection and how beautiful they were. So then I look in my loyal ebay website (where I usually buy everything) and saw them, I realised they were quite dare and then internet sent me to aliexpress where they could be found as well, however I noticed the price range was a nit different, so I just selected the one I really fell for and purchase it and just because I could I purchased another one that captured me.












So I ended having what is called a Recast doll, by that time I did not know but I did had the suspicious they those doll may not be the original dolls... After all after for all original there is a copy. However I did not let that bother me and I am happy with the dolls. Then I wanted to extend the collection and I did purchase other recasts again, this time knowing that indeed are not originals. However as I mentioned I love every single doll of mine, not because they are recast I will love them less or throw them or what ever, I love them because they are my first dolls.

However I do understand that buying a copy is the same as purchasing the copy of a dvd. I understand that. And right know I am patiently saving to get an original doll, however I will keep my recast dolls and keep loving them because are my dolls.
Original dolls are better and you support that artist, however they are not really affordable and recast are a good solution.
For me recast it was good for introducing me into the BJD hobby and I do want to get original dolls now. But I am not deleting the choice that maybe one day I might go again for a recast doll. Why? Because they are more affordable and in the case I want to get maybe two at once without spending too much, even though I  am still spending quite a lot, it could be a good choice. However I do understand that is good to purchase the original. Right now I have enough dolls ( all recast) and I am saving for having a original doll.
And I don't think BJD owners of original dolls should be bashing owners of recast or vice versa. We have in common the love for these dolls, could be enough to join everyone?


One thing I have noticed in BJD communities is the constant bashing, and I must say it is quite sad. This is what has stopped me from joining from any community or participating.
Here in New Zealand I don't know any one who has a BJD, and never seen one. Wrong! I did saw a guy with two BJD that looked more like anime characters, however he did not seem the approachable type so I didn't get close to talk and I personally like more the BJD with more human looks.
However like I was saying I don't want to be bashed or bullied online because of the dolls that I adore. My dolls are recast, yes! and I love them! they are my first dolls and I am proud of them!
And also I don't want to be bashed or bullied by people I don't even know! And I was bullied and bashed enough in my school days to know get cyber bulling!
But my point is why are BJD communities bashing or bulling each other! that ain't right.
I think BJD applies to any doll that is articulated by ball jointed system. If it is resin or not, looks like anime of human like, it shouldn't matter. Original or Recast shouldn't matter, the thing is the love for these precious dolls.
This post could quite long but I will finish it here. I would love to read if you have comments, just please be respectful, that is the only thing I ask.
Like I say I am new in this hobby, I very much like it and there are still many things to learn and do.
Thank for Reading this post and also Thanks for Reading my blog :)
Soon I will be writing about Cruelty free make up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment