10/19/2015

Xia's Mini Album "Just Yesterday"



Just as another I check my phone and just scroll down on facebook, for my susprise there was a post with the new music video of Xia Junsu and even more surprising was to know he released a new mini album. (note; I am not really following what are the new releases so when I know about one of an artist of my interest I get quite surprised!)
Ofcourse I inmediatly downloaded on my phone and purchasing online.
Is not easy purchase online as it is more expensive for foreings than koreans, however I have such an admiration for Xia as a solo artist that I purchase every album, single and mini album which unfortunatly don't do with all my fav artists.


Before going to work I had to watch the video, Junsu's voice never dissapoints, as always is smooth, soft and sweet and powerful. What I love the most of his voice is the ability to manifest feelings so powerfully in every song. You don't have to understand inmediatly what the lyrics is about, his voice is just enough to grasp what feeling he is trying to manifest... and that is one of a kind true artist!

The video had a sad and apocalyptic concept and was quite real. The lovers were separated by the inevetible death. It had a feeling of Armagedon...it was first time for me to see such a clear end of the world on a kpop music video. However I am not saying I love the video or nothing like that, just that I found interesting the concept. It gives me the impression Junsu is a ghost or maybe death itself, he is just there, noone sees him.

Now the album...As previous albums, there is nothing that dissapoints you at all, it is a work of art! Every song is different, sweet and with its own energy, no song is similar to the other one, all different and complements each other, each song form a beautiful and splendid mini album, and just makes you regret that it is a mini album and not a full lenght album.

Now I might get some hate from people who will read this, but I suddenly remember. There are few solo artist in South Korea who are indeed good and I remember reading about musicians who could become succesful music producers, ofcourse GDragon was top head of the list. Now don't misunderstand me people, I think GD indeed is good artist and I admire him as well, However I think GD it has way too much spotlight and Junsu is away from it. I think Junsu is indeed a true artist and indeed can become one of a kind producer. Now GD and Junsu are different, they have different styles, however both are awesome artists!
Now when I saw Junsu's perfomance on musical I was completlty amazed! Unfortunatly I have never seen it live, only on Youtube, however you can see clearly on his performance the amazing talent and quality of his voice, his stage charisma is just mind blowing!

In few words what I want to say is maybe Junsu doesn't have all the spotlight he deserves. I mean his talent is not only amazing as a korean artist but I would say as well he could become an amazing worldwide artist, he is just brilliant. And his talent is something that the western music culture is missing now on day, so I wish he would become even more succesful. I know in South korea he is a banned artist that can present himself  on tv or shows, which is a real shame and makes me feel upset a bit with korean media and how things work there, because they are restricting a real talent and a real truly artist! So I hope in general Junsu gets all the spotlight he deserves.
Now people if you haven't listen to his song, I have to say you must listen to him and you already familiar and just haven't listen his new mini album then I have to suggest then please take the time and listen to it because it is a wonderful mini album.

No comments:

Post a Comment